Welcome to Nursery and The KEEP
About Nursery and The KEEP
All three and four year olds are eligible for 15 hours per week free early education at Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). This is an entitlement for all children and we provide this through our Nursery.
Since September 2017, we have been able to offer an additional 15 hours per week (30 hours in total) for families who are eligible. The new entitlement is an extension of the current provision and is accessed through our King Edward Extended Provision (KEEP). In order to access the provision, families must ensure they are eligible and MUST provide an eligibility code every three months in order to remain in the KEEP. The eligibility criteria are set nationally and are out of our control.
Events / News
Dear parent / carer Due to the current Covid 19 situation, we are sadly unable to have our usual Nursery visit days at this time. However, we are working on plans to provide some induction and transition for your child starting in September. We will share this information with you as soon as we can. …
In preparation for your child starting Reception class in September, we thought you might find this useful and interesting: Early Years Information – What to expect, when? Source: www.kingedwardprimary.org.uk
To be eligible for the additional 15 hours:
- BOTH parents must be working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family);
- EACH parent works at least 16 hours a week and neither parent has an income of more than £100,000 per year
In the following circumstances, parents who are temporarily away from the workplace will be eligible:
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity or paternity leave or away from the work place on adoption leave
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the work place on statutory sick pay
- Parents with a caring responsibility or disability may also be eligible
Our Nursery provides places for up to 39 children at each session; morning and afternoon:
Morning 8.45am - 11.45am
Afternoon 12.30pm -3.30pm
Our KEEP provides 26 places for children at each session; morning and afternoon. We have a 15 minute flexible drop off and pick up time:
Morning 9.00-9.15am drop off time
Afternoon 3.00-3.15pm pick up time
If your child is in morning Nursery, they will attend the KEEP in the afternoon. If they attend afternoon Nursery, they will start their day in the KEEP.
An online journal recording all the learning and fun of children's early years education.