Lunchtimes in the KEEP
Lunchtimes play a crucial role in the day to day life of the children who access the KEEP. Children have their lunch in either the KEEP or the Out of School Club (OOSC) area and they are supervised by members of EYFS and other familiar adults.
In addition to being an essential part of the children’s learning and development opportunities, we chat informally which gives us further insight into the children’s interests and family whom are very important to them. It also creates opportunities to be independent through using a knife and fork and a chance to try a variety of different foods. This is also preparing them for when they enter Reception.
If your child is in the KEEP in the morning, they will have their lunch in the KEEP and will then be taken through into Nursery by their Teaching Assistant in time to start the afternoon session. If your child is in morning Nursery, they will be taken into the OOSC at the end of the Nursery session to play indoors or out while their lunch is prepared before having their lunch in the OOSC. Once lunch is finished they enter the KEEP for the afternoon session.
Children can have a school dinner or a packed lunch and this choice can be changed on a daily basis. A school dinner costs £2.25 per day (subject to change).
Registering for School Gateway
Lunches must be ordered and paid for using the School Gateway system. The quickest and easiest way to access School Gateway is through the mobile application. The set-up process is simple and will take no more than a couple of minutes:
- Search for “School Gateway” in the Apple App Store/Google Play
- Install the app and if you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”
- When you launch School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school
- The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and the app will be activated for you
- Ensure mobile data is switched on for your phone and for the School Gateway app to allow set up and notifications
School Gateway can also be access via a web browser at https://schoolcomms.com/. If you are having any trouble accessing Gateway, please call the school office where a member of staff will be happy to help.
How to Pay for a Lunch
Payments must be made online using the Gateway app. Payments can be made by either bank transfer or by entering your card details. Once you have entered your details, they will be saved in the system making online payment quick and easy.
Payment will be required in advance and you will be prompted to pay for lunches as and when you make a order in the Gateway app (see below). If you do not proceed to payment when prompted by the app, your order will not be confirmed and a lunch will not be provided.
How to Order a Lunch
To order a lunch, just follow these simple steps:
- Open the School Gateway app or web browser
- Go to the home screen
- Go to 'Clubs'
- Select the session your child attends in the morning e.g. KEEP Lunch / Nursery Lunch
- Select ‘Make a Booking’
- Select the day(s) you would like your child to have a lunch and click ‘Book’
- Follow the instructions to confirm your order and pay online
Ordering is available up to 9.30am each day. You must book a lunch by this deadline in order for the kitchens to process your order. After you have placed an order, you can see the days you have chosen for your child to have a school lunch in the Gateway app.
If your child is absent or you need to cancel a lunch you have already ordered and paid for, please call the school office and request that your lunch order for that day is refunded.