Dear Parents and Carers,
We are delighted to inform you that the children in Reception and Year One will have a transition day on Friday 9th July.
We had intended this to be a whole school event but due to bubble closures this won’t be possible for all children this Friday. We hope that children across the school who are isolating will get an opportunity to take part in transition activities during next week but we will be guided by which bubbles are in school and the space available to us.
The children in Reception and Year One will get the opportunity to come into school through their new door and will leave from there at the end of their day. They will spend time in both of the classrooms in their new year group and will have lunch where they will next year. They will be spending the day with their current teachers and support staff. All children across school will find out who their new teacher will be next week.
Please read the information below to ensure that you know where to drop your children off and collect them from on Friday.
- Reception staff will be at the Year One door at the top of the ramp from 8:45 – 9:00am.
- Children not staying for childcare will be collected from the Year One door at 12:20 – 12:25pm.
- Children staying for childcare will be collected from the Year One door at 3:15pm.
Current Year One
- Year One staff will be at the Year Two door from 8:45 – 9:00am. This is the door nearest the school garden in the Key Stage 2 yard.
- Children not staying for childcare will be collected from the Year Two door at 12:25pm.
- Children staying for childcare will be collected from the Year Two door at 3:15pm.
Out of School Club
- Drop off and collect from your normal OOSC door and the children will be taken to their new classrooms by staff.
If you have any questions about Friday, please speak to a member of staff at the beginning or the end of the day tomorrow or email the year group email address at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Leader