Our school provides places for children in Nursery (age 3) up to Year 6 (age 11). For information on how to apply for a Nursery place, click here . For information on how to apply for a place in Reception or how to move your child into King Edward Primary School from an existing school, please read on.
Parents are entitled to express a preference for the school they wish their child to attend. King Edward Primary School are a North Tyneside Learning Trust school and as such the Governing Body are the admissions authority. The planned admission number is 60 per year group.
The Local Authority co-ordinates the admissions on behalf of the Governing Body of the school. Preference is given to those who live nearest to the school and to children who have siblings already at King Edward Primary School. We welcome visits to the school by prospective parents. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment on 0191 2006337 or email email@example.com
A Detailed Guide
Please click here to access the following information as provided by North Tyneside Council:
- Essential Guide to Schools – a list of North Tyneside schools and everything you need to know about how to apply
- Key Dates and Late Applications – timescales of when you need to apply and when you will hear if your application is successful
- Admission Arrangements – what criteria will be used to allocate places in the event a school is oversubscribed (received more applications than there are places available)
- In Year Transfers – advice on changing school during the year
- Appeal a School Place Decision – advice about making an appeal if you are dissatisfied with the response to your application
- Online School Applications – how to save time any apply for a school place online
Admission Arrangements for September 2020
Detailed below are the admission arrangements that were determined by the Governing Body of King Edward Primary School on 24th January 2019 in accordance with the School Admission Code 2014:
Admission Arrangement for September 2019
The closing date for Reception applications for September 2019 was 15th January 2019.
The governors of King Edward Primary School have adopted North Tyneside Council’s Admission Policy.
High School Admissions
If you child is currently in Y6, please see North Tyneside’s admission information at this link and visit your chosen school’s website for more information.
For further information about school admission arrangements in North Tyneside contact the Access Team by:
Tel: (0191) 6438724