Our school provides places for children in Nursery (age 3) up to Year 6 (age 11). For information on how to apply for a Nursery place, click here . For information on how to apply for a place in Reception or how to move your child into King Edward Primary School from an existing school, please read on.
Parents are entitled to express a preference for the school they wish their child to attend. King Edward Primary School are a North Tyneside Learning Trust school and as such the Governing Body are the admissions authority. The planned admission number is 60 per year group.
The Local Authority co-ordinates the admissions on behalf of the Governing Body of the school. Preference is given to those who live nearest to the school and to children who have siblings already at King Edward Primary School. We welcome visits to the school by prospective parents. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment on 0191 8141455 or email email@example.com
A Detailed Guide
Please click here to access the following information as provided by North Tyneside Council:
- Essential Guide to Schools - a list of North Tyneside schools and everything you need to know about how to apply
- Key Dates and Late Applications - timescales of when you need to apply and when you will hear if your application is successful
- Admission Arrangements - what criteria will be used to allocate places in the event a school is oversubscribed (received more applications than there are places available)
- In Year Transfers - advice on changing school during the year
- Appeal a School Place Decision - advice about making an appeal if you are dissatisfied with the response to your application
- Online School Applications - how to save time any apply for a school place online.
Admission Arrangements for September 2021
Detailed below are the admission arrangements that were determined by the Governing Body of King Edward Primary School on 20th January 2020 in accordance with the School Admission Code 2014:
- First and Primary Trust Admissions Policy (includes over-subscription criteria)
- First and Primary Co-Ordinated Admissions Scheme
- Nursery Admissions Policy
An objection to the determined admission arrangements must be made to the Schools Adjudicator by 15th May 2020. View information about the Office of the Schools Adjudicator by following this link or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Tyneside Council - Admissions Appeals Timetable 2020/2021
Please click on the link below to view a copy of the North Tyneside Council - Admissions Appeals Timetable 2020/21:
Is your child due to go to Reception or High School in September 2021?
For further information about school admission arrangements in North Tyneside contact the Access Team by:
Tel: (0191) 6438724