Free School Meals
Why should I Apply?
If you are eligible, your child will receive nutritious and healthy schools meals free of charge. Your child will also be entitled to free school milk each day. What’s more, school will be able to claim additional funding from the government for each child in receipt of free schools meals.
Even if you are entitled to Universal Free School Meals (children in Reception to Year 2) and you think you may be entitled to free school meals by meeting one of the criteria below, please apply as this will allow school to claim additional funding.
Funding received is used by school to offer pupils invaluable support and to fund resources and activities. For more information on how funding is used, please click here.
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit Guarantee
- Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit and an annual taxable income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit and an annual taxable income below £16,190.
How do I Apply?
If you think you meet any of the criteria, you can apply by completing this online form.
You can also make an application quickly and easily over the telephone by calling (0191) 643 2288.
Thank you for your support and for helping to make sure the school receives as much funding as possible to give every pupil the support and education they deserve.